Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a darn good flaky pastry, for an even flakier crust use half each cake and pasty flour and all-purpose, this dough may be frozen, allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator before using, you may use 7-Up or Fresca in place of the ginger-ale... no diet for this!
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, add in for a sweeter crust)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen butter, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup ginger ale (do not use sugar-free)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- In a food processor, process flour, sugar (if using) and butter with on/off turns (about 2-3 seconds at a time) until the mixture begins to look like coarse oatmeal.
- Combine the ginger ale with vinegar, and add through feed tube while machine is running; process just until the dough begins to gather in a mass around the blades (about 8-10 seconds, do not overprocess!).
- Dump the dough onto the counter.
- Gather up all the dough then shape into a flat disc.
- Wrap disc in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Dough may be frozen wrapped in plastic wrap then tightly in foil.