This makes a darn good flaky pastry, for an even flakier crust use half each cake and pasty flour and all-purpose, this dough may be frozen, allow to thaw overnight in refrigerator before using, you may use 7-Up or Fresca in place of the ginger-ale... no diet for this!
My Private Note
9 or 10 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, process flour, sugar (if using) and butter with on/off turns (about 2-3 seconds at a time) until the mixture begins to look like coarse oatmeal.
- 2Combine the ginger ale with vinegar, and add through feed tube while machine is running; process just until the dough begins to gather in a mass around the blades (about 8-10 seconds, do not overprocess!).
- 3Dump the dough onto the counter.
- 4Gather up all the dough then shape into a flat disc.
- 5Wrap disc in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- 6Dough may be frozen wrapped in plastic wrap then tightly in foil.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaky Ginger Ale Processor Pie Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1368.0
- Calories from Fat 840
- Total Fat 93.3 g
- Saturated Fat 58.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 660.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g