This recipe can be used for almost any double-crusted 9- or 10-inch pie, sweet or savory. If you're making it for a pie that has a single crust, wrap the dough you don't need and freeze it. You can make this ahead too- The pastry can be frozen for up to 1 month.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, combine the flour and salt.
- 2Add the shortening and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add the butter and pulse several times, until the butter is the size of small peas.
- 4Sprinkle evenly with the ice water and pulse just until the dough comes together.
- 5Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly once or twice.
- 6Divide the dough in half; pat each half into a 6-inch disk.
- 7Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaky Double-Crust Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g