GREAT little appetizers for any ocaision! Very pretty, too! :)
Make and share this Flaky Blue Cheese Rolls W/Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- For filling, in medium bowl mix together walnuts, blue cheese, snipped parsley and pepper.
- Unroll pie crust sheet and spread filling evenly over the crust.
- Cut pastry circle into 12 wedges.
- Starting at wide ends, loosely roll up wedges.
- Place rolls, tip side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Can cover and chill for up to 24 hours if desired.
- Before baking, brush rolls lightly with milk.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and additional parsley.(I prefer the ground parmesan for this.).
- Bake at 425º for about 15 minutes or til golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Made these for a friend's birthday party and everyone loved them. I made one with the blue cheese and walnuts, made a second with feta cheese and black olives (which I preferred, but I already knew I didn't like blue cheese). Simple and impressive--thank you!
This is a very quick and easy appetizer that even my children liked. I like that the filling is placed on the pie crust first and then the pie crust is cut. This made it very easy to roll up. Thanks for a great recipe.