1 hr 30 mins
M Flaherty's Note:
My Daddy has always whipped up tasty dishes, and this is one of my Favorites!!! Prep time varies depending on how much meat you use, and what elevation you're at (pressure cooker required) 1-2 hours Max. Give me feedback!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PRESSURE COOKER REQUIRED!
- 2WARNING--Consult instructions for use with your pressure cooker to avoid accident or injury Sear the roast in a very hot pan with olive oil on all sides so that there is a good brown crust on the surfaces. (This will insure that all of the juices stay in the meat)
- 3Then, season with onion powder, garlic powder,salt, pepper, and/or seasonings of choice.
- 4Place roast in the pressure cooker, and submerge meat half of the way up the roast with water (not halfway up the pan) Cover roast with 1 can of Golden Mushroom Soup (I use Campbell's), and the packet of Onion Soup mix (I use Lipton) DO NOT mix the soup and dry ingredients, just pour on top to cover the roast, and toss in 2 bay leaves.
- 5Cover Pressure cooker, and bring to the beautiful sound of hissing, and rocking!
- 6(Shake, shake, shake -- shake your toggle top!) Having Fun Yet!
- 7No? Well pause for a tasty beverage!
- 8Cooking is so fun!
- 9At this time,cut up your veggies into large chunks.
- 10(NOTE: Believe it or not, turnips give this a very nice, subtle flavor that blends very well. Take it from someone who DOESN'T like turnips in anything else, try it if typically you wouldn't--it makes the dish!) Usual cooking time for the pressure cooker is 2lbs of meat= 30 minutes, 3lbs of meat= about 45 minutes After finished cooking for amount of meat, let container cool until it depressurizes and the"indicator" drops/collapses indicating it's safe to take the cover off.
- 11Open and take out roast--place in a covered dish to keep warm-- there should be a nice brown liquid at the bottom of the pan with the consistency of a thin/med-thick gravy.
- 12Add a little water if it's too thick (you need liquid to produce pressure!) Add the vegetables and bring back the"Boogie-Dancing Toggle" top!
- 14(Do a little dance, make a little roast -- ) Cook for approx 7 minutes.
- 15This time, after the 7 minutes, cool the pressure cooker quickly under cool water in the sink.
- 16Open and Slainte'!
- 17You can serve with Irish Soda Bread (or whatever bread you prefer).
- 18This is a whole meal that doesn't really take very long!
- 19Freezes great, and the leftovers are even better the next day!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flaherty's Signature Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 1549.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 50.7 g