Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, Unbleached
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can applesauce
- 4 ounces raisins
- 1 teaspoon oil or 1 teaspoon butter, To Grease Dish
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons almonds, Sliced and Blanched
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare pancake batter by blending flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 t salt and 1 cup of milk.
- Lightly oil a large frypan and cook 6 to 8 pancakes (2 or 3 at a time).
- Heat the applesauce and stir in the raisins.
- Divide the sauce between the pancakes and spread over each top.
- Roll up the pancakes like jelly rolls and cut each in half with a sharp knife.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with oil or butter; place pancakes in the dish, setting them up on the cut edges.
- Blend 1 egg with sugar, 1/4 t salt, 1 cup milk, and sliced almonds.
- Pour over the pancakes.
- Dot with butter.
- Place in a preheated 375 degree F oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.