Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
On a recent trip to Austria, we enjoyed several soup containing these unique noodles. Yield is estimated in pancakes, but these will be sliced into noodle strips.
- 9 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a skillet heat the tablespoon oil and butter.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, eggs, melted butter, milk and seasoning.
- Ladle portions of the batter into the skillet and fry until golden-yellow (some brown specks are normal) on both sides.
- Let the pancakes cool on paper towel.
- Then roll each pancake up and slice into 1/8 inch thick strips and heat them in the your soup broth.
My mom used to make Fladle soup for me when I was a kid. She was from Stuttgart (Germany).
Sorry, guess just used to our us noodles. Just thought I would give them a try. Did not change anything..but they seemed like a hot cake. Sure they are good for that they are.