Recipe by Brenda.
A refreshing "Fizzy" for those hot summer days.
Top Review by A Good Thing
Very refreshing...very fruity...very yummy! Made for ZWT3 - U.S. Beverage Challenge. We don't get orange spice tea here in New Zealand so I mixed and matched spiced and fruit teas I could get and it came out just fine. Thanks, Nick's Mom. (:
- 3 orange spice tea bags, such as Constant Comment
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 orange, thickly sliced
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags, berries, orange, lemon and sugar in a heat-proof pitcher or bowl.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Let steep 10 to 15 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature, then chill.
- You can either keep fruit in or strain it out, depending upon your preference.
- When ready to serve, fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in tea mixture to fill half way.
- Top off with club soda.