- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ripe red plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon eau de vie or 1 teaspoon brandy
- 2 cups prosecco
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar, and plums in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; cool completely. Strain syrup through a sieve over a bowl; reserve plums. Stir eau-de-vie or brandy into syrup; chill. Discard plum skins; puree flesh until smooth.
- Chill puree. Spoon 2 teaspoons puree into each of 6 flutes; discard remaining puree.
- Divide syrup evenly among glasses. Top each serving with 1/3 cup prosecco; stir.