1/3 Photos of Fizzy Bath Bombs
These bath bombs make fantastic gifts - they are just dropped into a hot bath & they fizz & dissolve releasing a beautiful fragrance! Surprisingly easy to make, let your imagination run WILD & experiment with different oils & colours - I also like to add dried rose petals, dried lavender & fine glitter......the possibilities are endless! I use heart shaped moulds, friand cake tins & round Christmas baubles for moulds. Let me know your ideas! I buy the citric acid in a large bag from an Asian supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 cup citric acid, powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet almond oil
- essential oil (or fragrance)
- food coloring
- 1First you need to make the base mix, to do this sift together the bicarb soda& citric acid in a large dry bowl.
- 2Transfer 1/2 cup AT A TIME to another dry bowl, to this add any dried flowers, glitter etc.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a small bowl mix together 1/2 teaspoon AT A TIME of almond oil, 6- 8 drops of your chosen essential oil& 6 drops of food colouring.
- 5Pour the oil mixture into the 1/2 cup of base mix& mix QUICKLY before it starts to fizz!
- 6Combine with your fingertips until all colour is evenly distributed.
- 7Wipe a little sweet almond oil inside your moulds.
- 8Fill the moulds with the mixture, packing it in firmly.
- 9Repeat this process with 1/2 a cup at a time, using different fragrance/colour blends if you wish.
- 10Leave the bath bombs to set for 24- 36 hours.
- 11When set lightly tap the mould & ease out gently.
- 12*Hot water activates the fizzy bath bombs a lot better than cold water!
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fizzy Bath Bombs
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet almond oil