These bath bombs make fantastic gifts - they are just dropped into a hot bath & they fizz & dissolve releasing a beautiful fragrance! Surprisingly easy to make, let your imagination run WILD & experiment with different oils & colours - I also like to add dried rose petals, dried lavender & fine glitter......the possibilities are endless! I use heart shaped moulds, friand cake tins & round Christmas baubles for moulds. Let me know your ideas! I buy the citric acid in a large bag from an Asian supermarket.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1⁄2 cup citric acid, powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet almond oil
- essential oil (or fragrance)
- food coloring
- First you need to make the base mix, to do this sift together the bicarb soda& citric acid in a large dry bowl.
- Transfer 1/2 cup AT A TIME to another dry bowl, to this add any dried flowers, glitter etc.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 teaspoon AT A TIME of almond oil, 6- 8 drops of your chosen essential oil& 6 drops of food colouring.
- Pour the oil mixture into the 1/2 cup of base mix& mix QUICKLY before it starts to fizz!
- Combine with your fingertips until all colour is evenly distributed.
- Wipe a little sweet almond oil inside your moulds.
- Fill the moulds with the mixture, packing it in firmly.
- Repeat this process with 1/2 a cup at a time, using different fragrance/colour blends if you wish.
- Leave the bath bombs to set for 24- 36 hours.
- When set lightly tap the mould & ease out gently.
- *Hot water activates the fizzy bath bombs a lot better than cold water!