Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a request. This is a homemade version of the fruit-flavored candy powder that's sold in little cardboard sticks. You can lick off a spoon, or a straw, or even a licorice tube. I haven't tried it, but someone else has and said it came out very good. And since it wasn't here on zaar, now it is!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 teaspoon tartaric
- 2 tablespoons any flavor powdered drink mix (kool-aid, tang, etc.)
- Grind the citric and tartaric acids to a fine powder with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon.
- Place all the ingredients into a plastic bag or a jar and shake to mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a great recipe. I used it for a "Harry Potter" themed birthday party and the kids loved it!! I used double the amount of both Baking Soda and Citric acid to give it a bit more ZING