Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to make spanish rice with a mexican meal, but hubby doesn't like it. I fixed it up a little and he wanted to eat the whole pan
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box Spanish rice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 dash Mexican chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Saute scallions and cilantro in 1 T margarine until wilted.
- Set aside.
- Saute rice in remaining T of margarine until browned. (just a few minutes).
- Combine all ingredients and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.