Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe out of "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook Feasting with your slow cooker" by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good. I absolutely love this in the winter. It seems to come out as more of a soup than a chili, and I highly recommend putting in at least one jalapeno because it adds to the flavor.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed seeded, and chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chips in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours, or High 4-5 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and top individual servings with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chips.
My fiance and I love this dish.