Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this from a cooking magazine
Make and share this Five- Veggie Stir- Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas or 1 cup frozen snow peas
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, ginger.
- Stir in orange juice, soy sauce, garlic until blended set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir fry the carrots,broccoli and cauliflower in 3 teaspoons of oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms,peas and remaining oil; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- stir orange juice mixture and add to the pan.
- bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- serve over rice.
I guess we have a sweet tooth when it comes to stirfry because my family and I love this! I usually add some protein - either tofu or chicken.
Like Brenda Bee remarked, it is rather sweet. However, I thought that the seetness made a nice difference from your usual stir-fried veggies.
I tried this today, and well my kids thought it tasted like "Goo Gone", sorry. I think the amount of ginfer and oj combined was to much for them. I added some terriyaki sause and it helped a little. Next time I'll try adding less ginger and oj, to see if it helps. I'm still glad I tried something new!