Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Recipes of Asia for Laos
Make and share this Five Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch triangle
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups red cabbage, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped fresh
- salt and pepper
- Make vegetable pieces attractive. Cut broccoli florets from stem to bloom into 1/3″ slices. Cut onion into 8ths then separate slices. Carve and slice carrot into clover leafs. Slice cabbage in 1/2″ strands. Cut red pepper into squares, then diagonally halve the squares. Make green onion flowers.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Saute 6 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon oil, broccoli and cabbage. Add broth; stir-fry until cabbage wilts and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in mint. Season with salt and pepper.
We loved the fresh flavors and the touch of mint to compliment our Asian meal. However, please check your list of ingredients, the directions mention green onions but they aren't in the ingredients...<br/><br/>Made for ZWT #9.
Scaled this down and made for lunch. Easy and only took a few minutes. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.
This was easy to make and a great side dish. Made for ZWT9.