Crisp, colorful vegetables with a lemony dressing and chunks of blue cheese -- so good for serving to company! Recipe is from one of the wave of "quick and easy" cookbooks in the mid-1990s. I don't always bother with the snow peas, or even with both colors of cabbage, but they're all very good additions.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced raw snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil into the mustard until slightly thickened. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the vegetables. Toss to coat all the vegetables. Top with cheese to serve.