Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp, colorful vegetables with a lemony dressing and chunks of blue cheese -- so good for serving to company! Recipe is from one of the wave of "quick and easy" cookbooks in the mid-1990s. I don't always bother with the snow peas, or even with both colors of cabbage, but they're all very good additions.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced raw snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil into the mustard until slightly thickened. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the vegetables. Toss to coat all the vegetables. Top with cheese to serve.
Very colourful and tasty slaw! Used half of the dressing as I'm trying to lower my fat intake. This was crunchy, fresh and delicious!! Thanks fluffernutter! Made this for PAC 2007.