Recipe by Kaccy G.
Coffee lovers, *look out*! I got this from a Five Star Digest. It is *very, very good*.
Top Review by SaffronMeSilly
The taste was fabulous, but I'm not sure I did the layering right, (I was confused in step 11 about "repeat process") because I only drizzled the coffee mixture over the lady fingers, but it ended up dissolving most of the cheese mixture, leaving a syrupy bottom. Chilling/freezing never resolidified it. However, despite this it was still super tasty.
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 20 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine powered sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl, beat at high speed until well blended.
- Gently fold 1 cup whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg white in top of double boiler; place over simmering water.
- Beat mixture at high speed until peaks form.
- Gently fold in 1/4 of egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Fold in remaining egg white mixture and set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup hot water, 1 TBSP sugar, coffee granules and liqueur; stir mixture well.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Arrange 20 ladyfinger halves, cut sides up, in bottom 8 inch square baking dish.
- Drizzle half of espresso mixture over ladyfingers.
- Spread half of cheese mixture over ladyfinger halves and repeat process until mixture is gone.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the last cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cocoa.
- Place tooth picks at each corner of dish and one in the middle, Cover with plastic wrap, (tooth picks keeps plastic wrap from sticking to Tiramisu) Chill for 2 hours.
- TIP: Freeze two hours before serving, it will cut easier and cleaner.