Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a lucious and creamy sauce that coats the pasta very evenly. Great served over Ravioli!!!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces edam cheese, grated
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in milk and blend completely.
- Bring the milk slowly to the boil, stirring the whole time until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir the cheeses into the milk mixture.
- Stir until they are just beginning to melt and remove from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- (I love this sauce with Ravioli).
Merlot, This stuff could very well be addictive.I just printed this recipe a few days ago to try it,and have made it 3 times already.It is so creamy and cheesy you can't help but LOVE it!!! I used it on Cheese ravioli's the first time,on Meat ravioli the second time,and on fettuchini noodles the last time,Good on ALL three.Thanks for a real winner, Darlene Summers
excellent cheese sauce
I LOVE this sauce!!! I have been using a recipe just the same for years. It is so perfectly matched for ravoli, tortellini or caramellone and just needs to be garnished with some fresh chopped parsely. Yum!