Recipe by Merlot
This is a lucious and creamy sauce that coats the pasta very evenly. Great served over Ravioli!!!
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Merlot, This stuff could very well be addictive.I just printed this recipe a few days ago to try it,and have made it 3 times already.It is so creamy and cheesy you can't help but LOVE it!!! I used it on Cheese ravioli's the first time,on Meat ravioli the second time,and on fettuchini noodles the last time,Good on ALL three.Thanks for a real winner, Darlene Summers
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces edam cheese, grated
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in milk and blend completely.
- Bring the milk slowly to the boil, stirring the whole time until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir the cheeses into the milk mixture.
- Stir until they are just beginning to melt and remove from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- (I love this sauce with Ravioli).