Recipe by GotsaLuvMe
These easy treats are a fave that my mom always made at Christmas time. She would always take them to cookie exchanges, and they were always the first to be gone when they were around. (Cooking time does not include refrigeration time)
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I make a slightly different version, in that I "layer" the ingredients instead of mixing the milk, etc. I do use the 2 cups crumbs and mix first and pat in the pan (as in your recipe). This makes a durable bar, unlike the way of sprinkling crumbs over melted butter, like the traditional recipe for "7 Layer Bars." Roxygirl
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 -6 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line 13 x 9 baking sheet with foil, and spray with Pam.
- Melt Butter.
- Mix together Graham Cracker Crumbs, Melted Butter and Sugar.
- Press crumb mixture into a 13 x 9 baking sheet.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes until "set" and golden.
- Remove Crust from oven.
- While crust is baking, mix together Condensed Milk, Coconut, and Vanilla.
- Gently spread Coconut Mixture on crust, and return to oven for 15 minutes (or until the coconut is golden).
- While baking, mix Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate mixture on top.
- Place in refrigerator to harden.
- Cut into bars and have at it!