Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Going out on a limb with that name, but that's how we rate these little beauties! Make up a batch of my Mexican Gravy/Enchilada Sauce, and you're all set to make this recipe--otherwise just use canned enchilada sauce from the store.
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (Mexican gravy)
- 12 corn tortillas or 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Prepare filling: mix filling ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour enchilada sauce on a large dinner plate.
- Assemble enchiladas: Dip one tortilla in sauce on plate, then lay in 13x9 pan for baking.
- Fill center of tortilla with about 3 T. of filling; roll it up, place seam-side down in the pan.
- Do this with the rest of the tortillas, laying unfilled tortillas over the top as you assemble (don't get another pan dirty!); squeeze them all into one pan.
- Pour remaining two cups of enchilada sauce (topping) over the tortillas; sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Pop the pan into the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
- ANOTHER SERVING OPTION: serve on a bed of lettuce, top with sour cream & guacamole.
It was awesome!!!
Yup! 5-stars! This was very simple to make and very tasty. I used canned enchilada sauce and big burrito-sized tortillas. Thanks Debber for a great and easy dinner.