Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from the web site of a UK Chinese Supermarket. Although the recipe calls for drumsticks, you can use wings or breast or whatever. Cooking time does not include time for marinading.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Just mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Leave to marinade in the fridge for 4 hours, turning after 2.
- Cook on a medium heat (I put mine in the oven) until chicken is cooked. (when juices run clear).
- Do not cook on too high a heat as the sugar in the tomato sauce might burn.
This was a really easy, tasty chicken recipe! I made just as posted except I did marinate overnight and I baked the chicken in the oven... The whole family enjoyed this! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC fall 08'