This is a delicious recipe from Cooking Light Five Star Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 709.77 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml beef bouillon granules
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml low-fat sour cream
- 828.06 ml cooked wide egg noodles (cooked without salt or fat)
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, minced
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- 1Partially freeze steak; trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4 inch wide strips; cut strips into 2 inch pieces.
- 2Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak strips, sliced mushrooms, and chopped onion; saute 6 minutes or until steak is done and mushrooms are tender. Remove steak mixture from skillet. Drain well and set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- 3Combine bouillon granules and hot water, stirring well. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, and add flour. Cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, 1 minute. Gradually add bouillon mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- 4Add steak mixture to flour mixture in skillet; add sherry, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 seconds. Stir sour cream into steak mixture.
- 5Combine cooked noodles and minced parsley; toss mixture well. Serve steak mixture over noodles. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five-Star Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 323.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g