Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
From the issue of August 2006, Coup de Pouce. They are made on the BBQ. There is 2 hours time for marinade.
- 1360.77 g chicken wings
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml five-spice powder
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 44.37 ml liquid honey
- Cut the tips of chicken wings and throw them away. Cut the chicken wings in two at the joints.
- In a big bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except the honey.
- Add chicken wings and flip to coat well.
- Cover and let marinate 2 hours in the fridge. (You can do this step one day ahead and cover them. They will be good until the next day).
- Put the barbecue to medium heat.
- Put the chicken wings on a greased grill or in a grill basket.
- Close the cover of barbecue and cook for about 25 minutes or until chicken wings are crispy and juice runs clear when poking with a fork. (MAKE SURE TO FLIP THEM SOMETIMES).
- Baste chicken wings with honey, close cover of barbecue and keep cooking 3 minutes (flip them one time).
Followed recipe as listed and was very pleased with the end result. Will make this one again, thanks for sharing :)
I have to say that these are my favorite wings in a long time! :-) We really enjoyed the flavor; I think the 5 Spice Powder just kicks these up a notch! I can't wait to share these with my friends; I know they will love them too! I did cook mine on an indoor grill, due to weather, and they got a little 'done', but it was fine for us. Thanks for sharing, Boomette! Made for ZWT.
I used just over a kilo of wings between 3 of us (I cut of the tips and froze them later for making stock) and left the other 2 halves intact and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 - 50 minutes, drizzling the honey every 15 minutes and the result was suculant tasty wings. Thank you Boomette, made for Everyday A Holiday.