- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tips of chicken wings and throw them away. Cut the chicken wings in two at the joints.
- In a big bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except the honey.
- Add chicken wings and flip to coat well.
- Cover and let marinate 2 hours in the fridge. (You can do this step one day ahead and cover them. They will be good until the next day).
- Put the barbecue to medium heat.
- Put the chicken wings on a greased grill or in a grill basket.
- Close the cover of barbecue and cook for about 25 minutes or until chicken wings are crispy and juice runs clear when poking with a fork. (MAKE SURE TO FLIP THEM SOMETIMES).
- Baste chicken wings with honey, close cover of barbecue and keep cooking 3 minutes (flip them one time).