- 12 ounces tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, cracked
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 cup daikon radish, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll tuna steaks in cracked black pepper. Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Sear tuna for 2 minutes. Turn and sear second side 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Mix soy sauce, remaining tablespoon sesame oil, garlic, and five-spice powder together in a small bowl. Serve sliced tuna and spoon sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated daikon radish.