Recipe by Pinay0618
I love tilapia! This is a Cooking Light recipe. I have not yet made this, but it looks to be a relatively quick and easy meal.
Top Review by HisPixie
This was delicious! I had all the ingredients except the green onions but I'm not a big fan of them anyway. I used coconut oil instead of canola oil as I prefer it; it doesn't change the taste much, especially in small quantities like this. I forgot to take a photo of my dinner plate so I just have a photo of the unadorned fish. I'll post a better photo next time since there definitely WILL be a next time. Hubby even suggested saving the leftover sauce and just making it again this week.
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green onions, juices, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Combine five-spice powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish evenly with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from skillet, and serve with sauce.