Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Five-Spice Sweet Potato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, about 5 med
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 min or til tender. Cool slightly. Peel and discard skins. Place the pulp in a med bowl, and mash. Add the brown sugar and the next 8 ingredients to the pulp. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Fit pie dough into a 9" pie plate; fold edges under, and flute. Pour sweet potato mixture into pie shell. Bake at 375 for 55 min or til knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.