Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Bon Appetit
- 6 lbs pork spareribs (2 racks)
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season ribs generously with salt and pepper, roast on rimmed baking sheet until tender, about 1-hour.
- Meanwhile, combine and simmer the next 7 ingredients in a small saucepan until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Brush sauce onto ribs and roast until well glazed, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs and serve with remaining sauce.
I'm not sure why this is called "Five Spice" because the spice got lost in all the other strong ingredients...even with the low sodium soy sauce I found this on the salty side...I might have over salted (generously) the ribs prior to cooking...so keep that in mind if you are watching your salt intake...the ribs did come out nice and sticky with a sweet taste...thanks for posting it...=)