From Self magazine. Haven't made this, but it sounds great! You could probably almost eliminate the prep time by using frozen, ready-to-cook shrimp and substituting canned tomato puree for fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 2Grind ginger and garlic into a paste; add paste and remaining spices and tomatoes to pan, simmering 5 minutes.
- 3In separate pan, saute shrimp 30 seconds.
- 4Add sauce and stir continuously on high heat for 2 or 3 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- 5Serve over rice.
- 6Garnish with coriander.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five-Spice Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 174.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: