Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I found this but it's easy to make and quiet tasty
- 6 tablespoons long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 dashes pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks or 2 chicken breasts
- Place a 15x12-inch piece of heavy foil, dull side down, in a baking pan or a shallow casserole, cupping sides slightly. Place uncooked rice in center. Add carrot, onions, and garlic. In a small mixing bowl combine water, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in center of foil. Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken. Fold two opposite sides of foil together, then fold up ends to seal. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.