Miss Annie's Note:
From Better Homes & Gardens Crockery cookbook. This is really terrific.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub roast with five spice powder.
- 2Sear roast in a skillet with hot oil before placing it in the cooker.
- 3Mix together and pour over roast: apple juice, wine and soy sauce.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- 5For Gravy: Strain cooking liquid.
- 6Skim off fat.
- 7Combine 2 cups of liquid (may have to add water to make 2 cups) with cornstarch and water.
- 8Cook until thick and bubbly.
- 9Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Spice Pork Roast for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.6
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 653.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: