Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from our local Savannah newspaper.
Make and share this Five Spice Pork and Rice Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced (about 1 C)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Season rice to taste.
- Mix broth with vinegar, five-spice powder, garlic, and soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork and onion and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and continue to stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over ingredients and toss.
- Add broth mixture to wok and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Add seasoned rice to wok and stir-fry 1 minute to heat.
- Divide rice between 2 dinner plates and top with pork mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
Lovely recipe. I added a bit more on the cooking times as my amounts were slightly different. I also made it a bit healthier by adding also carrots and peas.