Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
These pecans make a good garnish sprinkled on a salad or are good to just snack on.
- 1 lb pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the toasted pecans in a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the butter, soy sauce, five-spice powder, garlic powder, ginger, and cayenne.
- Pour mixture over the pecans; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours; stir.
- Spread sheets of waxed paper on your counter.
- Spread nuts out in a single-layer to cool (nuts will be soft initially but will crisp upon cooling).
- Store in air-tight container.