Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious chicken dish with oriental flair.
Make and share this Five-Spice Chicken With Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth, with 1/3 less sodium
- 1⁄3 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add carrot; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- In medium bowl, combine broth, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch and five-spice powder. Add to chicken and carrots; mix well. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and carrots are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in noodles; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until throughly heated. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
This was very delicious and savory. I used Shirataki tofu noodles, and added garlic as well. I will add more vegetables (probably broccoli) next time to soak up more of the delicious sauce.
I added broccoli to mine because the chicken and carrots were not enough for the amount of noodles. Very spicy, but very good. Definitely does not taste as good the next day, so try to eat it all the night you cook it.