Recipe by Pets'R'us
Another wings recipe, the five-spice powder adds a nice tang, but be careful when using it, it can be overpowering. If you prefer you can grill or barbecue them but be careful they don't burn. Marinating time not included.
Top Review by PanNan
We really enjoyed this pleasant change from the typical Buffalo Wing recipe. Very flavorful, with mild heat. So easy to prepare, too. I followed the recipe exactly, finishing under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the skin. A great appetizer.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut them up by the joints if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder, maybe more
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, taste the marinade to see or you want to add a bit more five-spice powder, and hot sauce Add the chicken, mix well, cover and put in the fridge to marinate, at least 2 hours but I prefer 24 hours.
- When ready to bake remove the chicken from the fridge to get back to room temperature.
- Pre heat the oven 325F; line a baking tray with foil.
- Shake off the marinade, bake the wings for approx 1 hour until tender, baste them now and then with the marinade, and if desired finish them under the grill.