Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the latest edition of Recipe+. I love five spice and chicken wings but unfortunately the only one in the family to like wings so will probably make with drumsticks and thighs and allow a longer cooking time. When removing tips from wings, bag and freeze and when you have enough they are great to make stock with. The recipe can be doubled and taken up to the end of step 1, bag and freeze (for up to 3 months), defrost in refrigerate overnight and continue from step 2. Have not included marinating time in the times.
- 2 kg chicken wings (tips removed)
- 1 cup honey garlic and soy marinade
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 corn cobs (husk and silk removed)
- 1 red capsicum (medium, finely chopped)
- coriander (to garnish)
- Combine chicken, marinade and five spice in a large bowl and stir until chicken is well coated, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer if time permits).
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced.
- Line a large roasting pan with baking/parchment paper and put chicken in in a single layer.
- Bake turning chicken half way through for 30 minutes or until glazed and cooked.
- Meanwhile cook rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, drain.
- Put corn on a microwave safe plate, cover with food warap and microwave on high (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, let cool slightly and using a sharp knife, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Add the kernels and capsicum to the cooked drained rice and mix well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put cooked chicken wings on a serving platter and drizzle with pan juices and top with the coriander and serve with rice.
I just made the wings for this recipe and they were great! My dad always made wings using Chinese five-spice and it made me think of him. :) I made my own marinade using teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar and green onions. They turned out perfect! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game. Thanks!