Recipe by dicentra
Gourmet | June 2004
Top Review by I'mPat
I made as per recipe with one exception that I chose to bake in the oven rather than grill/broil otherwise I used 960 grams (about 2lb - being 9 wings) of wings before tips removed (which I freeze for stock) but made full recipe - baked in a single layer on foiled lined tray lightly sprayed with oil for 40 minutes for succulent and very tasty wings with all 3 plates only ending up with polished bones as any evidence of dinner, thank you dicentra, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 6.16 ml salt
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 1360.77 g chicken wings (about 16)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler and oil rack of a broiler pan.
- Stir together garlic, five-spice powder, salt, and soy sauce in a large bowl.
- Cut off and discard tips from chicken wings with kitchen shears or a large heavy knife, then halve wings at joint.
- Pat dry and add to spice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Arrange wings in 1 layer on broiler pan and broil 6 to 7 inches from heat, turning over once, until browned and cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes total.