Recipe by Barb G.
Try this spicy Asian-inspired take on the traditional soothing chicken noodle soup. Recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by Danzy
I really love this soup. It is really easy to make but I made it a little more work for me because I made my own chicken broth. I also added cremini (sp?) mushrooms just because I like them. Hubby adds some hot sauce to his bowl but I like it fine without.
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions, thinly bias-sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 ounces dried somen noodles, broken into 2 inch lengths or 2 ounces fine dried noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine water, chicken broth, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder, and ginger; bring to boiling.
- Stir in bok choy, sweet pepper strips, and noodles; return to boiling, reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender,.
- Stir in chicken, heat through and Serve.