Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
The five spices used in the recipe are simular to the traditional spices called for in Chinese dishes. THe Chinese use five spice powder sparingly.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens (cut up)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in shallow dish, and mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- COVER and refrigerate, spooning marinade over chicken occasionally, at least for 1 hour. (I marinate over night in zip lock bag).
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. PLace chicken in UNGREASED oblong baking dish. Brush marinade on chicken.
- Cook UNCOVERED for about an hour (or until done) in an oven set to 350 degrees, brushing once or twice with marinade.