Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This would be nice as a side for duck or chicken or as part of an Asian style meal.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the peanut oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the shredded cabbages and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the water, cover and cook for a couple of minutes or until wilted.
- Remove lid, add sesame oil five-spice powder and stir fry for 30 seconds until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Yum. This was really easy to make. I had about 4 cups of each cabbage which was cut very fine. The sesame oil and 5 spice adds a great Asian flare. Made for *Recipe Swap No20 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Form
This is a fantastic side dish served with a spicy entree. This was served as a bed for recipe #302248 . A wonderful match. I am assuming that the sesame seeds are sprinkled over the finished product.
I made this as 3 serves and it was just right as a side the 3 of us. The DS and I thoroughly enjoyed this and the DM thought it could do with salt (which is DM speak for about a teaspoon or more - not on) and it is so quick and easy to do which is a big bonus and went well with our kabobs. Thank you Jan, made for Edition 6 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.