Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A magnificent and flavourful rich dish.
- 1 1⁄2 kg beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder (Asian Supermarket)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed herbs (tarragon, chives, parsley, mint)
- Rub beef with oil, five spice, salt.
- Place in roasting dish and roast at 210 degrees calcius for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on plate cover with foil and rest at least 10 minutes.
- To make gravy, using juices in roasting pan, add flour and scrape up residue. Add wasabi.
- Return pan to high heat and add stock stirring constantly until gravy thickens.
- Add chopped herbs and simmer 2 minutes.