Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Turn these miniature meatballs into a main dish by spooning several meatballs and sauce over hot cooked rice or noodles.
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 lb lean beef, ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 medium red peppers or green pepper, cut into 1
- In a large bowl combine egg white, bread crumbs, five-spice powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 48 1" meatballs.
- Place in a 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains in center of meatballs.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together orange juice, honey, cornstarch, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add sweet pepper and meatballs in saucepan ; cook and stir until heated through.
- Keep warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish.
- Serve with toothpicks.