Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in Donna Hay's October / November 2012 magazine. Headed up 'Speedy Dinners'.
- 200 g vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder, Chinese
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 long red chili, sliced
- 500 g Broccolini
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cover the noodles with cold water and allow to stand for 15 minutes or until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Place the rice flour, 5 spice, salt and chicken in a bowl and mix to coat. Heat half the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. add the chicken and cook in batches for 2 minutes, stirring, or until cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, garlic, chili and broccolini and cook for a further minute. Add the stock and kecap manis, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the chicken and noodles and top with green onion and extra chili.