1/4 Photos of Five (Or More!) Ingredient Garlic Quinoa
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This makes such a nice side dish. I even like it cold as a salad the next day! 06/28/08 - UPDATE!! As I have already said, I like this for a salad too. Today I added some chopped egg whites, chopped black olives, some scallions (green and white). I then tossed with one tbls each of EVOO and red wine vinegar. Realllllly good! 07/24/08 - ANOTHER UPDATE! Wow, instead of using the fresh garlic, use roasted! I had several bulbs roasting while I was making dinner. They smelled SOOO good and that is when I figured it could only make this dish better. Just leave out the minced garlic and when the dish is finished, stir in about five squeezed out chopped cloves and then serve. YUM! 07/29/08 - STILL ANOTHER UPDATE! I have really gotten on the quinoa bandwagon. Put together two more recipes, so if you like quinoa as much as me, take a look. I'm not bragging, just sharing a good thing....Two Grain Spinach Toss and Quinoa Plus Casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure you rinse the grain under cold running water several times to remove coating (not something you can see).
- 2Spray medium size saucepan with vegetable oil.
- 3Add onion & cook about 3 minutes, add garlic & cook another 2 minutes.
- 4Add rest of ingredients & bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, stir and cover.
- 6Simmer 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five (Or More!) Ingredient Garlic Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g