Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Honey, brandy and spices enhance purchased marmalade for an easy-to-make gift. This makes about 3 cups, or enough for three 8-oz. jars.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 1 vanilla bean, cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- 3 slices orange peel (about 3x1-inch, orange part only)
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 (14 -16 ounce) jars orange marmalade
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large saucepan. Pierce each orange peel strip with 4 cloves, spacing apart; add to pan. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Add marmalade; bring to simmer, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Using tongs, transfer 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 vanilla piece, and 1 orange-clove strip to each of three 8-oz. canning jars. Filld each jar with hot marmalade and seal with lids. (Can be prepared 4 weeks ahead. Refrigerate.).
What a delight. These jars of goodness are as pretty as they are yummy. These are in the fridge for holiday usage and I don't think that they will last long once opened. This is so easy that I'm thinking about making some for gifts. I especially love the anise, not a flavor that I think of with marmalade but it fits in like a glove and really adds something special. This one is a keeper. :D