1/2 Photos of Five Minute Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Okay, so this takes a little more than 5 minutes, but I think the title refers to the ease of preparing the pie filling. This recipe comes from "Heather Cooks!" with Heather Van Vorous, although I changed the spices slightly to fit my tastes. It's low-fat and dairy-free, so it's great for people with IBS or anyone looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to the usual fatty pumpkin pie! I took it to my family's Thanksgiving dinner this year, and it was a huge success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or 1 1/2 cups dry plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch pie plate lightly with cooking oil spray.
- 3For the crust: Combine the crumbs and oil in a small bowl until well blended.
- 4Press mixture firmly and evenly into prepared pie plate, across the bottom and just slightly up the sides.
- 5Spray crumb surface lightly with cooking oil spray.
- 6Bake for 5-8 minutes, until just golden brown around edges.
- 7Remove from oven; raise oven temperature to 425 degrees F while you make filling.
- 8For the filling: Combine all filling ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- 9Alternately, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk by hand until smooth.
- 10Pour filling into baked crust (crust does not have to be cool).
- 11Bake for 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- 12Cool pie on a rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Minute Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g