Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe for brownies with a fuss-free glaze made from chocolate chips. They're great for bake sales at school -- little notice is needed, they're made from ingredients already on hand, and they contain NO nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8 inch square microwave safe pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large glass bowl or measuring cup, melt margarine and cocoa together on high for about 30 to 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt. Stir.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, or until set (this will depend on your microwave).
- Remove pan from microwave. Immediately scatter chocolate chips on top. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then gently spread with a knife. Let cool and cut into 16 squares (note: pan may be refrigerated to speed cooling process).
- Note: A 1,000 watt microwave oven was used in this recipe.
My husband loved this! Very delicious!
Awesome. I was craving a chocolate fix and didn't have all of the ingredients for some of the more traditional recipes, but these were so quick and easy and they turned out delicious! The chips were a little chilly from my cupboard so they didn't melt as thoroughly and got a bit messy when I tried to spread them, but the flavor is just perfect. My microwave has a lower power rating but the dish I was using is larger, so I cooked for 5 minutes and they turned out perfect. Not dry at all.
Very good and simple! I don't know how they taste when they are cooled, but they taste mighty good while hot. The batter seemed really thick, but it cooked up great.