Recipe by NZR
This is a quick and easy recipe for brownies with a fuss-free glaze made from chocolate chips. They're great for bake sales at school -- little notice is needed, they're made from ingredients already on hand, and they contain NO nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8 inch square microwave safe pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large glass bowl or measuring cup, melt margarine and cocoa together on high for about 30 to 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt. Stir.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, or until set (this will depend on your microwave).
- Remove pan from microwave. Immediately scatter chocolate chips on top. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then gently spread with a knife. Let cool and cut into 16 squares (note: pan may be refrigerated to speed cooling process).
- Note: A 1,000 watt microwave oven was used in this recipe.