1/12 Photos of Five-Minute Fudge Wreaths
Saw Rachael Ray and Oprah make this on an Oprah holiday party show. It took me 7 minutes, but who's counting! To give as a gift, wrap in cellophane and tie with a bow. Add an ornament or candy cane to make it festive. Variations include Five Minute White Chocolate Fudge With Pistachio and Cranberries and Five Minute Goober and Raisinette Fudge Wreath - Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (plus more for decoration)
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup dried currant
- candied red cherries
- candied green cherries, to decorate top (like holly)
- 1Butter an 8-inch round cake pan with softened butter.
- 2Pour the chocolate and butterscotch chips, condensed milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
- 3Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and put it in the center of the round cake pan.
- 4Stir the chips and milk until they melt together, about 3 minutes. (Make sure fudge is warm, smooth and shiny--warm enough that it won't set up instantly when you stir in the cooler nuts and raisins). Stir in nuts and raisins. Scoop the fudge into the cake pan all around the plastic-covered can in the center to form a wreath or ring shape. Let it be all bumpy on top. If the fudge moves the can off center, move it back in place.
- 5Cut the red cherries in half with scissors and the green cherries into quarters. Use the green pieces to make leaves and the red to make holly berries. Decorate the fudge with several groups of holly berry sprigs made from the cherries and garnish with walnuts between the sprigs.
- 6Put the fudge in the refrigerator and chill until firm (about a half hour). Remove the can from the center, then loosen the sides and bottom of the fudge with a spatula. Cut the fudge into thin slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five-Minute Fudge Wreaths
Serving Size: 1 (1101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2407.0
- Calories from Fat 1181
- Total Fat 131.3 g
- Saturated Fat 65.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 351.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 280.9 g
- Protein 34.7 g