Recipe by KRUSTY
AWESOME FUDGE THAT IS SO SIMPLE AND TASTES GREAT
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
I know I shouldn't give this any stars because I did change the recipe slightly..but it turned out so great, I can't help myself! I had intended to make the maple walnut fudge, but after combining the basic ingredients, I discovered I was out of maple flavoring! Well, I don't live close to any stores, so what to do? After rummaging around in my pantry, I came up with a bottle of butter flavoring and another of rum extract. Humm, I really do love butter rum, so what did I have to lose? I added one teaspoon of each along with the chopped nuts. It came out beautifully...it almost tastes like a penuche fudge. I think next time I will put a little more rum in than butter, and after I buy some maple extract, I'll try that! This is such an easy, quick recipe, I know I'll be making it often (in many different ways). Thanks Krusty for this great new favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX TOGETHER 1/2 CUP BUTTER OR MARGARINE 1 CUP BROWN SUGAR AND 4 TBSP MILK BRING TO A BOIL OVER MED HEAT IN POT ON STOVE.
- REMOVE POT FROM STOVE ADD 2 1/4 CUPS ICING SUGAR THEN DEPENDING ON FLAVOUR ADD FLAVOURING FROM LIST OF INGREDIENTS.
- STIR WELL POUR INTO A GREASED 8X8 PAN REFRIGERATE.